My Blog List

Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Village


Meet my Village! In my last blog post I talked about praying for the people who "do life" with my family and I. This is a picture of most of the women who I "do life" with.

I was not one to be friends with a lot of girls growing up. I was the only girl in my family and I played sports. To say I was a tomboy is an under statement. I was unaware of how wonderful a community of girls could be. And then girls night was born. It started out as just a couple of us girls getting together once a week for some kid free, husband free girl time. We drank wine, talked about movies, music, random things we had seen in the news or in magazines that week. Slowly girls night developed into something much more. It became a place where we felt safe. A place where no topic was off limits. Where we could ask questions about God, marriage, image, careers, random medical conditions, child rearing and much more. It became something that is crucial to my daily sanity. Going through the week knowing that on Girls Night we will all sit together and chat for an hour or two helps me put things in perspective. Girls Night also flowed into other parts of our lives. It encouraged our husbands to want to hang out with each other and slowly our families all started hanging out together. I got to know their children and started to view them as more of family than just friends.

I am a firm believer in the statement "It takes a village to raise a child". These people love my children almost as much as I do. They care for us and know us. They pray for us and with us. They help us to find hope in bad situations and are there to hold our hands when things don't turn out the way we want them to. They are my community, my family, My Village!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Made me cry!!!! I miss you guys SO much, switching small groups has been SO hard!